Willing to do whatever to ensure the success of a G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S 2013 team that would be willing to accept us into their fold
As written by , and categorized/edited by
Hi, I'm Shwaf and I have three friends called Morgan, Isis, and D45H. We are all 15 years old and would be extremely willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the success of a G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S 2013 team who would be willing to accept us!
We're all free during August 11-18 so we should be able to do whatever during this time.
Seeing how the next registration is in about 3 days, let's get down to business.
So this is kinda what we've got I guess:
Location: We live in Hong Kong SAR, China.
Contacts/Access to Areas
- We have connections to a fire-breather, juggler, magician, nearly professional yo-yo expert, nearly professional guitarist, etc.
- We have friends (or at least enough acquaintances to do some photos which require multiple people like 8-13 or something).
- We have connections to people who could be considered somewhat musically talented. We may also have access to a church choir and a handchime group, however unlikely in only a week.
- We have connections to people who own snakes, lizards, tortoises, frogs, tarantulas, scorpions, cockatiels and axolotls.
- We have connections to dentists (and their dental equipment), people with racecar trophies, people with tennis trophies, university professors, lawyers, sailing instructors, a karate instructor, visual artists, people who work in internet companies, lawyers, people who are connected to gum companies, social dancers, professional artists, etc.
- We can go to a waterfall (fake but looks pretty real), climb it and get some pretty cool pieces of slate.
- We have access to…uh Chinese stuff I guess.
- We have access to a rather professional looking auditorium and ampitheatre.
- We have enough money to take a taxi and the underground/train/subway/MTR/whatever you call it in your part of the world to most places in Hong Kong.
- We have access to the Royal HK Yacht Club, the Hebe Haven Yacht Club, nature Parks/reserves, coral reef neach and a wood working studio (D45H)
- We can karate chop the Bruce Lee statue in Hong Kong.
- Two of us also can do a bridge where they can touch their ankles from behind as well as the splits and various uncomfortable positions like that. (Shwaf and Isis)
- One of us has passed in their grade 8 Chinese dance exam (Shwaf), and one of us has earned a distinction in their grade 5 Chinese dance exam a couple years back (Isis).
- According to Dance Central, one of us can dance rather well. (Shwaf)
- One of us can do basic capoeria, brazilian ju jutsu and muaythai. (Isis. Shwaf can do a bit).
- We can attempt Tai-Chi.
- One of us can do basic gymnastics as an ex-gymnast 3 years out of training - cartwheels, round-offs, front handsprings, basic vaulting, handstands, front/back walkovers etc. (Isis)
Talents/Experience/Willing to do
- People have referred to us as artsy people (We suppose we can draw both digitally and traditionally but not like amazingly amazing, just like 'satisfactorily satisfactory').
- One of us can edit videos (they use Final Cut Pro), preferably without needing to do any digital special effects though. (Shwaf)
- One of us can scuba dive and can arrange a session to scuba dive in less than a week. (Morgan)
- Instruments we can play or know people who can play include piano, violin, guitar (electric, acoustic and bass), ukulele, didgeridoo, drums, organs, etc.
- We can speak, understand and learn Chinese (various dialects including cantonese, mandarin and hokkien), Japanese and English.
- One of us can play japanese chess, go chess, international chess, chinese chess, checkers, etc. (Isis. We also has the sets for international chess, go chess, japanese chess and chinese chess).
- One of us can play contract bridge (Isis)
- We have some experience in making songs that are pretty crappy but songs nonetheless.
- One of us is willing to eat nearly anything. For example, various animal organs, insects, paper, cardboard, genetically modified pig kidney mangoes, etc. As long as it's less than 30% alchohol and does not include any drug related substances. (Shwaf)
- We are willing and able to dance, sing, cry, leapfrog, etc in front of museums, statues, government buildings, harbors, etc
- Two of us can lucid dream (D45H, Morgan)
Access to Equipment/Materials
- We still have our baby teeth somewhere to use if duty calls.
- We have a lot of action figures. A lot. And we are willing to use them when duty calls.
- One of us has a wooden Parasaurolophus skeleton that's about 60 cm tall. (Morgan)
- We have a lot of Rubik's Cubes and stuffed toys to spare if duty calls.
- We have connections to someone who has basic skills in making websites and programming using java and jQuery.
- We have connections to people who can cook some nice risotto as well as a professional chef.
- We have connections to the FreeMasons and Knights of the Temple (this is seriously legit, I have a ceremonial sword if duty calls). Preferred if this was avoided.
- We have a camera and a tripod.
- We have a 12 inch Raiden.
- We have a lot of rice.
- We have dogs 3 dogs - golden retriever, labrador, miniature poodle
We have access to a wooden sword, a DSLR camera and tripod, a sonic screwdriver, a lava lamp, wood working
So yeah that's about it we think, though we literally just wrote everything we could think of in about 10 minutes so we're sorry if some of it sounds generic.
I hope you'll find us interesting enough for your team!
Send , , , or a message if you would be interested!